RWDI USA LLC dba Green Building Services is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Portland, Oregon office as a full time Energy/Commissioning Coordinator working for our Building Science team.
Position: Energy/Commissioning Coordinator
Reports To: Technical Consulting Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time position
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position Summary: This is a technical position within Green Building Services (GBS) to support our energy services department. The position requires an independent, self-motivated team member who can provide excellent building energy auditing and commissioning services for our national and international clients. The role requires working collaboratively with external construction or building operation teams and internal engineers and consultants. The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of relevant field experience related to performing building energy audits focused on HVAC and associated controls, conducting ASHRAE Level I and preferably ASHRAE Level II energy studies, and experience performing new and existing building commissioning activities. This position is based in Portland, Oregon, although some travel to other states will be required.
- Assist and then lead the investigation phase of existing building commissioning process for existing buildings
- Collect and analyze field data
- Perform building walk-throughs and energy usage analysis
- Recommend energy efficiency measures and suggestions for operational improvements
- Prepare audit and commissioning reports containing investigation and testing procedures, systems narratives, findings, recommended energy efficiency measures including measure description and summary of savings
- Calculate cost benefits of energy improvements identified
- Commission new construction or tenant improvement projects
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant field experience related to performing:
- Building energy audits focused on HVAC, lighting and associated controls, or:
- New or existing building commissioning, or
- A combination of the above.
- Experience conducting ASHRAE Level I and preferably ASHRAE Level II audits
- LEED AP accreditation strongly preferred but not required
- CEM certification strongly preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal, analytic, and organizational skills required
- Highly professional in the conduct of work
- Experience in project management strongly preferred
Interested applicants should provide a cover letter, resume, sample reports relevant to this position and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “Energy/Commissioning Coordinator” in the subject of your email. No phone calls please.
GBS is one of the premier sustainability consulting firms in the United States and a nationally recognized leader in achieving LEED certification for existing building and new construction projects. Its mission is to help its clients access their buildings’ greatest potential, by thinking restoratively, changing behavior, and pushing the bounds of building science. A unique multidisciplinary firm comprised of architects, engineers, interior designers and planners, GBS has a long track record of successfully addressing complex green building challenges and is knowledgeable in numerous national and international green building rating systems. It provides green building design and building operation consulting services and technical services, such as commissioning, energy modeling, and building audits. GBS also provides sustainability and green building training services, such as credentialing maintenance (AIA, IIDA, LEED), workshop facilitation, LEED exam preparation, and GRI G4 sustainability reporting.
Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Green Building Services endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion.