RWDI USA LLC dba Green Building Services is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Portland, Oregon office as a full time Project Coordinator working for our Sustainability Consulting and Building Science team.
Position: Project Coordinator
Reports To: Sustainability Consulting Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time position
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position Summary: This position is responsible for supporting delivery of high quality, cost effective and innovative services and products that meet client expectations, project deadlines, and budgets. Works in conjunction with internal project teams including Consultants, Senior Consultants, Technical Consultants, Managers, and other Project Coordinators to ensure project deliverables meet client expectations.
- Attend charrettes and client meetings with consultants, as needed
- Work closely with internal project teams to understand client’s expectations and GBS’ role in meeting project sustainability goals
- Ensure quality and timely deliverables
- Work closely with internal project teams to ensure effective delivery of projects
- Work with Sustainability Consulting Manager and internal project teams to prioritize workload
- Execute project work scheduled for assigned projects
- Support development of client deliverables (such as reports and assessments)
- Conduct research and technical analysis as required to support projects
- Prepare documentation for LEED (or other relevant sustainability framework)
- Review project specifications and support materials research
Leadership and Team work:
- When requested, provide assistance to other project teams
- Communicate project updates and scheduling changes as needed
- Routinely communicate project status to internal project teams as necessary
- Maintain positive office culture through open and collaborative attitude
- Develop knowledge and expertise of green building rating systems outside LEED and sustainability initiatives (e.g. Living Building Challenge, Net Zero Energy, WELL Building Standard)
- When requested, attend marketing opportunities on GBS’ behalf
- Relevant education and/or experience within architecture, engineering, construction, interior design, environmental science, urban planning, project management, or other relevant fields
- LEED Green Associate or AP designation is preferred
- General design and construction knowledge
- Interested in developing knowledge of sustainability frameworks, such as the USGBC LEED Rating System
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior customer service ethic
- Good client management skills
- Sustainable industry knowledge
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deliverables, with eye on deadlines
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills
Applicants interested in this position should provide a cover letter, resume and three (3) references to email@example.com. Please note Project Coordinator in the subject of your email. No phone calls please.
GBS is one of the premier sustainability consulting firms in the United States and a nationally recognized leader in achieving LEED certification for existing building and new construction projects. Its mission is to help its clients access their buildings’ greatest potential, by thinking restoratively, changing behavior, and pushing the bounds of building science. A unique multidisciplinary firm comprised of architects, engineers, interior designers and planners, GBS has a long track record of successfully addressing complex green building challenges and is knowledgeable in numerous national and international green building rating systems. It provides green building design and building operation consulting services and technical services, such as commissioning, energy modeling, and building audits. GBS also provides sustainability and green building training services, such as credentialing maintenance (AIA, IIDA, LEED), workshop facilitation, LEED exam preparation, and GRI G4 sustainability reporting.
Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Green Building Services endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion.