Several years ago, we helped Bentall Kennedy (a real estate investment adviser providing services to 134 million square feet of properties) certify 45 office buildings under the USGBC’s Pilot Volume Certification process within a two-year time frame. Today, we’re continuing to work with the Bentall Kennedy team on a LEED EB: O&M Volume program for properties in the United States, providing assessments, technical services and consulting for approximately 35 Bentall Kennedy U.S.-based buildings.
One notable project under the Volume program is San Francisco’s 475 Sansome Street, a high-rise constructed in 1969. Today, 475 Sansome is pursuing LEED-EB: O&M Platinum certification with support from GBS. Here are a few items that make the renovated 21-story mixed-use office, retail and parking facility an elegant example of modern sustainability:
– The inclusion of a building automation system for energy efficiency.
– Overall water reduction of 31% through the use of efficient plumbing fixtures,Â saving over 10,000 gallons of water annually.
– A robust green cleaning and equipment program.
– MERV 13 filtration to provide the cleanest indoor air.
– A waste stream audit that led to product recycling and landfill diversion policies.
– A comprehensive composting program.
– A tenant educational campaign.